For your next camping trip, you can impress your fellow campers by showing them your efficient cooking skills. Not a cook? Well it is not as hard as you think. You do not need a kitchen and the usual cooking utensils to prepare a delectable meal that you can enjoy while outdoors.
I’ve provided you 8 simple camping cooking tips below. To learn more, read on!
1. Decide what you want to prepare and measure ingredients in advance of every meal. Pack these in Ziploc bags and label appropriately. This will make it easier to stay organized as you cook. Remember – if you are organized, you can better focus on making the meal taste good.
2. You can bring soups and stews. Just prepare ahead. Freeze these and keep in a cooler. Reheat them when it’s time to eat.
3. When cooking, cover pots. This will cook the food faster. Another reason for this is to keep insects and dirt out of your food.
4. For quick meals, use instant foods such as freeze dried noodles. They prepare fast and generally only require boiled water.
5. When cooking hamburgers and hotdogs, put holes in the middle of the buns for faster grilling. Be warned though – watch them closely so they don’t burn.
6. You can prevent marshmallows from sticking together by adding powdered sugar to the bag you store them in. The sugar forms a barrier that keeps the marshmallows separate. Further, and perhaps more important, who wouldn’t want extra sugar on their marshmallows?
7. When making egg sandwiches, cook your eggs in a canning ring. This will help give them those rounded, “professional egg sandwich” shape. Why does shape matter? For some reason, the mind associates good looking food with good tasting food.
8. Use a crock pot to save time. Prepare and start your dinner every morning before you go and do your activities. You will be delighted to see your food ready once you get back. Further, as the ingredients simmer throughout the day, the various flavors will run together, which will create an amazing blend for your taste buds.
Camping is fun. But, like most things in life, it’s even better with good food!